Call of Cthulhu
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Subpage Table of Contents
- 2 H. P. Lovecraft
- 3 Cosmic Horror
- 4 Shadow of the Crystal Palace
- 5 Basic role Playing system
- 6 Roll20
- 7 7th Edition
- 8 Character Sheet
- 9 Manuals
- 10 How to Play Tutorial
- 11 Dhole's House
- 12 keywords
Subpage Table of Contents
Call of Cthulhu
- Call of Cthulhu/Azathoth
- Call of Cthulhu/Character Creation
- Call of Cthulhu/Cthulhu
- Call of Cthulhu/Dark Ages
- Call of Cthulhu/Great Old Ones vs Outer Gods
- Call of Cthulhu/Hastur
- Call of Cthulhu/Non-Euclidean Geometry
- Call of Cthulhu/Nyarlathotep
- Call of Cthulhu/Shub-Niggurath
- Call of Cthulhu/Yog-Sothoth
H. P. Lovecraft
See HP Lovecraft
Shadow of the Crystal Palace
Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Crystal Palace - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uhqZdJ8swQ
"Set in 1890 in London's Crystal Palace, the Cat Club is hosting its annual cat show. Several nights before the show, a meeting for the owners is held. Six of them have actually entered their cats with the ulterior motive of gaining late night access to the Crystal Palace. They have been hired by Rupert Merriweather, a young American man with an interest in the occult, to sneak into the Palace's closed exhibits and retrieve an ancient casket for him. The casket has been moved to the Palace by Dr. Pocket, who managed its paperwork, upon Mr. Merriweather's request. Merriweather's butler, Bentley Badger will also be accompanying the group. The group of six consists of Mason Pocket; Bentley Badger; Alexandra O'Neill the adventurer; Hanako Hayashi the socialite; Ida Codswell the engineer; and Septimus Goodfellow the celebrity spiritualist."
Basic role Playing system
Call of Cthulhu uses the Basic Role Playing system instead of the D&D d20 system. The main mechanical differences are:
- Like real life, there are no classes. Characters can be and do whatever the player wants. If you want your character to be a baker who shoots rabbits at the weekend and likes listening to symphonies, go for it.
- Like real life, there are no levels. As the characters do things they get a little more skilled each time. But they don’t suddenly collect enough experience that makes them twice as good at hitting things and twice as good at surviving things.
- Like real life, your “hit points” don’t increase over time. You’re pretty much always going to be the same toughness all your life.
- Life real life, combat hurts. If you get hit there’s a very real chance you will be seriously debilitated or die.
- There are no “feats” - everything is decided by skills.
- All skills are based on a percentage system. If you have 42% in shooting a pistol you roll two d10 percentage dice and if you roll 42 or lower you succeed. Roll over 42 and you fail. Modifiers to the percentage can be given for range or other difficulty.
- “Game balance” is always difficult to estimate, but generally if you’re playing a BRP game you better learn to think before you get yourself into a fight. And if you do get in a fight, better think tactically instead of just running headlong at the enemy.
- Combat effin’ hurts! One or two solid hits by even a modest gun, and you’re out! Even then, people get suspicious when you get into a hospital with a gun wound or a stab wound, and the police are likely to show up and awkward questions. So you really really really don’t want a fight.
- The game is set on Earth, mostly around 1920s, but there are options for 1890s or modern era as well. So you can’t go murderhoboing like you would in a D&D game without having the police eventually chase you.
Play Call of Cthulhu on Roll20.net https://roll20.net/call-of-cthulhu
Call of Cthulhu Walk Through with LaughLoveLindy - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7uKxtoH-MY
Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook | Roll20 Marketplace: Digital goods for online tabletop gaming https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/4536/call-of-cthulhu-keeper-rulebook $55
Lucille: http://tiny.cc/e1h1bz or https://imgur.com/3x4aI3X Scott: http://tiny.cc/276s6y or https://imgur.com/w9wd91Y Phineas: http://tiny.cc/aa7s6y or https://imgur.com/3kD5bbl Rosalind: http://tiny.cc/c2h1bz or https://imgur.com/0iZSwag Empty Character Sheet (Chaosium): http://tiny.cc/3n7s6y
Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Quick-Start Rules - Chaosium | Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition | DriveThruRPG.com https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/128304/Call-of-Cthulhu-7th-Edition-QuickStart-Rules
Free at the time I downloaded the PDF (2020.04.06)
Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Keeper's Rulebook - Chaosium | Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition | DriveThruRPG.com https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/150997/Call-of-Cthulhu-7th-Edition--Keepers-Rulebook
Investigator Handbook https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/167631/Call-of-Cthulhu-Investigator-Handbook-7th-Edition
Call of Cthulhu Starter Set - Chaosium | Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition | DriveThruRPG.com https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/260810/Call-of-Cthulhu-Starter-Set
Character Sheets - Core - Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Chaosium | Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition | DriveThruRPG.com https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/230212/Character-Sheets--Core--Call-of-Cthulhu-7th-Edition
How to Play Tutorial
Introduction - How to Play Call of Cthulhu 7E (Tabletop RPG) - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1cni6K304
How to Play CoC 7E Playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmFJXf3BXjx-HGqco2c1BXUQnRlYmkZQ
Welcome to the Dhole's House: Free Online Toolkit for Call of Cthulhu - Chaosium Inc. https://www.chaosium.com/blog/welcome-to-the-dholes-house-free-online-toolkit-for-call-of-cthulhu/
Call of Cthulhu® Characters - The Dhole's House https://www.dholeshouse.org/Characters/
Home Page - The Dhole's House https://www.dholeshouse.org/